Thursday, April 29, 2010

In which the author conquors the large hill....

I'd like to say my bicycling adventures took off once I moved to California, but this is not true either. I did manage to get out and about a little more often then during school--riding some of the coastal trails by my parent's house, and the few miles to the ranch were we keep the family horse. After I started my working in lab full time, bicycling days ended up being one day on the weekends, at most.

90% of the workout is the last 1/4 mile up the giant extended hill where my house sits. I am proud I am now able to haul all the way up, keeping those pedals ggggoing the whole way home to the top. I'm not sure if this improvement from my earlier days of bike riding is due to being in better shape or due to improved equipment (lighter road vs. mountain bike I had before).

My little bike did merit a special place--in my room--so I can see it as a constant reminder to get out and about. This reminder made it worth the lugging up and down the stairs between my room and the front door, versus keeping it in a more convenient location like the garage, where it was also liable to be forgotten and neglected completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment